AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Market audio comments - short covering leads to more short covering
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mr.Grain
Posted 3/20/2024 21:09 (#10673230)
Subject: Market audio comments - short covering leads to more short covering

Beans rally, closing above $12 to their highest close in 2 months. Now +80 cents off the lows. The wheat market was under pressure but bounced well off its lows.

The soybean market looks really strong. I think we still have room to run especially if we take out last weeks $12.17 highs. We are seeing a lot of moving average crossovers which are considered buy signals by most.

I remember last year when we were trading just above $11. Not many aside from us thought we would see $14 beans again last year. But then all of the sudden we were right back at $14.

Beans don’t like trading in the $11’s. So I look for us to stay above $12 and at some point this year hopefully go up and test that $14 area again.

That seems like a stretch today as $2 is a big move. But there are reasons why it could possibly happen.

We have the massive crush. We sold some beans to China today. Some think the crop in Brazil is a lot smaller than the USDA currently has it pegged at.

With the way the funds are short, it doesn’t take much to move a market. All it takes is a catalyst. More short covering leads to more short covering…

Check out today’s audio where we go over the markets, why $14 beans isn’t all that impossible, and what to expect heading into this major USDA report in 8 days

Listen Here: https://txt.so/J8onXE
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)