AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eraseing an sd card
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/27/2024 08:50 (#10682363 - in reply to #10664734)
Subject: A thought

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I was always able to use a direct file transfer procedure from my iPhones to my Win computers concerning pictures. I would just plug the iPhone into a USB data cable. The iPhone would show up as a device just like an external card reader. I could use file manager to view the DCIM folder on the phone which had subfolders created by the iPhone with the pictures files inside. I could view, copy, move, delete them like any other file on another storage device.

I got a cheap Android tablet and tried that approach with it. I found that I needed to purposely "give permission" to do this type of thing. I suppose this is to prevent accidentally erasing critical files on the tablet. Once I gave permission, I could move music and picture files around as I wished. I could also mess things up if not careful.

I now have Win 10 and Win 11 computers. It appears that some of my former methods of file manipulation are not quite the same as they were with the older Window versions. With the Win 11 machine, once it detects the iPhone it brings up a screen that allows me to transfer pictures in if I wish. This is easier than my former method but amounts to the same result.

Procedures such as this might be akin to what you found with the SD cards in that the procedure seems different with different versions of Windows. I used to use SD cards a fair amount but not lately. I don't recall having issues such as you mention.

Edited by tedbear 3/27/2024 09:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)