AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Manure has been being applied
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 3/12/2024 11:12 (#10662436 - in reply to #10662380)
Subject: RE: Manure has been being applied

EC SoDak
The crew that does my dairy manure typically uses a coulter style applicator. These are the guys the hog barn uses and it’s the bar they have. I typically don’t get much hog manure so I don’t have much influence with the barn. Haha

For all intents and purposes, I align more with Minnesota than SoDak, as Chad H would always say. But yes, it is very possible we are heading into a drier pattern that could be decades long or more, no way of knowing, as you alluded to. Rents and land costs tend to be pretty aggressive around here. Typically $250-350 ac for rents during $3-4 dollar corn, anything picked up the last few years has been 3-4 year contracts at $400-550, (some of those folks are crazy). Land was typically $8-11k during $4 corn. The last few years, all the land has been bought by investors, so those numbers have bumped to $12-16k.

None the less, I’ve been trying to change some things to help conserve moisture the last few years on non manure ground since it appeared the drought wasn’t going to be a one year deal. However, Mother Nature is a tough one to outguess. Lol

Edit, your last statement always makes me think of the Simpson’s meme:

Edited by SoDak Farms 3/12/2024 22:48

(IMG_7619 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_7619 (full).jpeg (56KB - 32 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)