AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big Vertical Spreaders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Gearclash
Posted 3/11/2024 11:21 (#10661279 - in reply to #10661153)
Subject: RE: Big Vertical Spreaders

Sioux County, NWIA
The angled side ribs is purely cosmetic. I can’t see it makes any difference in strength, and is a slight added cost.

The hitch frame on the JBS is prone to cracking because they didn’t extend the subframe of the box past the front of the box a little like Artex did. There is a bit of double frame on the Artex that JBS doesn’t have.

Another thing I see is the pan under the beater spinners. Artex has a shorter pan and it is parallel to the spinner. The pan on the JBS is deeper and for some reason they angled it more ahead than the spinner is. So the JBS gets manure and gravel wedged between the pan and the spinners quite badly where the Artex really doesn’t have that. The JBS design will really freeze solid in the winter if it isn’t cleaned out.

One other significant thing I’ve come across is the apron chain type that JBS is using has a full barrel on one end of the link that is prone to rusting tight to the pin. Then the pin starts to pivot in the side plate and wears the pin out rapidly. Artex was using a fully open pintle chain that doesn’t do that.

Just things I’ve seen. These details may vary from one model to another.

There are a lot of similarities between Artex and JBS also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)