AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how many texts per day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ricb
Posted 3/7/2024 07:38 (#10655185 - in reply to #10654288)
Subject: RE: how many texts per day

Puckerville Dead center N.Y.
It varies. Some days it can be 500+. Some days none. Many I could call unnecessary but it is by far my chosen way to communicate. I have always avoided phone communication if at all possible. This was before cell phones were a thing. I just don't care to talk on the phone. To Many people just want to chat about nothing. The same can happen via text but those can be ignored or unanswered. I am 53 and single so at times I can communicate with potential dates throughout the day without tying up hours on end easily without looking disinterested.
Texting is a way to let others know what needs to happen, again without tying up hours with derailed conversation. It can also let me know what others need from me. My blood pressure often rises when the phone rings. To each their own I guess.

I had a flip phone until the phone company decided that I needed a smart phone. It was rugged and I could text like I had a smart phone. The numbers had all worn off from all the texting. It had a text counter on it and when it was deemed obsolete it had over 90,000 texts. There were many laughs from people who saw that phone and were amazed that I was able to communicate with it.

Those that embrace texting can accomplish lots with it. There are also many who wear it as a badge of honor that they "don't know how to text and will never make the effort to learn ". "If you want to talk to me you can call". Or I can move down the list and text the next one who can get the same job done without all tye mumbling on the other end of the phone.

(20240307_083758 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20240307_083758 (full).jpg (116KB - 16 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)