AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WHEAT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mbmaring
Posted 3/6/2024 19:25 (#10654613 - in reply to #10654126)
Subject: RE: WHEAT

North west MN

The wheat market is complacent till it isn't and no one has any left to sell. Don't remember the year but I was hauling wheat into the elevator that I had priced and we had a very short crop several farmers were waiting to get their forward contracted wheat trucks dumped.  I think most of us sold some or all ahead for around $6 and thought it was good but didn't have any extra to sell with the short crop. Then a old friend of mine pulled into the line of trucks got out to talk to us and said why all the sad faces you should be happy wheat is $19. Well we had all contracted our wheat at 6 and didn't have any left over to sell and the market went to around 19 dollars. My old friend didn't really need the money just heard wheat had gone up so fired up his old brigadier and was selling 19 dollar wheat. My old friend just passed away 2 days ago at the age of 99 he never really worried about the markets just planted a crop every year farmed into his 90's he lived each day to its fullest worked hard and was always in a good mood right to the end.     

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)