AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DumbOleFarmer
Posted 3/3/2024 09:06 (#10649339 - in reply to #10647926)
Subject: RE: Tile

Central MI
To the OP, some nutrients can be washed out through tile systems but if you have water logged soils the benefits far, far outweigh the costs of any lost nutrients, as mentioned above it's not a major concern.

On the phos leaching and lake erie issues the dirty little secret it seems nobody mentions is the fact the algae bloom is south of a major city, Detroit. The wastewater treatment facilities do not remove much of the phosphorus during their "treatment ". In addition my neighbors son worked for a flood management company who was, at the time, working at the wastewater plant on the regular. He told me more then once, with video proof, they were permitted to dump raw, untreated sewage in the Saint Clair River.

I'm not holding agriculture free of fault by any means, most of my neighbors like to have that outside row of the chisel plow, cultivator, planter over the ditchbank edge which does lead to soil in the water at some point. But my point is ag is not the major contributing factor some governing bodies make us out to be.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)