AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

multi unit discounts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaCenturyFarm
Posted 3/1/2024 08:41 (#10646568 - in reply to #10646120)
Subject: RE: multi unit discounts

Three units won't get you a MUD unless they're maybe you're talking 3 9RXes, which would probably still be a stretch. I'm sure the rules have changed since I was in that game, but last I knew it took 5 qualifying units or a qualifying dollar amount that changed each year to get a 3% MUD. 99% of the time it's easier to qualify on units than on dollars.

Depending on what the units are, they may not receive the discounts themselves. For example, planters counted towards unit/dollar count, but there was no MUD discount on a planter. Same for some tillage tools, but only tillage above a certain dollar value qualified as a unit. A typical small MUD would be two larger tractors, a planter, a combine, and one large tillage tool or small utility tractor each year. This would earn you a 3% discount on the tractors and the combine only.

The percentage can go up as high as 12%, but when you reach those levels you forego some of the other discounts, such as early order programs. In those cases it becomes a wash past a certain discount level. At today's prices, you'd probably have to purchase upwards of $10M in one shot to max out the MUD program.

Edited by IowaCenturyFarm 3/1/2024 08:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)