AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lets try this highschool post again.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Midwestfeeder
Posted 2/28/2024 22:04 (#10644602 - in reply to #10644473)
Subject: RE: Lets try this highschool post again.

Eastern SD
dairyman78 - 2/28/2024 20:59

I graduated from high school but didn't attend any college. But looking back I have some regrets because by doing this you living in a very small world. There is lot more out there than there is in your community. I was lucky to live near the university and became acquainted with leaders and students there when they came out our farm to do some research. It broadened my horizon to the fact there is more out there just just our farm and community. To this day I enjoy traveling and meeting new people who have made living by doing all sorts of things that didn't have a clue about. If you are satisfied living in a very small world more power to you but I wouldn't encourage my kids to do the same thing.

I find it interesting that you assume my intentions are to keep my kids in a small world. My experience was that highschool held me back from a big world i found after school. Iv lived in 3 states, worked multiple jobs, started businesses. Etc etc. I scarcely think i live in a small world as you assume. However almost all of my broadening of horizon was outside of school. I want my kids to have the best chance at life and am concerned that HS will keep em in a small box.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)