AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2nd striptill product options with pro 700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mignic
Posted 2/25/2024 10:16 (#10639194)
Subject: 2nd striptill product options with pro 700

Texas Panhandle
Am wanting to try spot applying iron with my striptill using prescription maps. Don't necessarily need variable rate at this time but might be nice if this works?

Current setup - Microtrak (surefire) controller with surefire liquid pump, hyd on/off and rate with its own gps. Works fine only mention in case I replace everything. Pro 700 only used for steering and mapping. No unlocks except gps.

The liquid iron is a bit of a trial, so would like to keep this cheap but don't want to have to be watching a map and manually flipping a switch. Can be a single rate for now. Such as an electric pump - just on/off.
I know I can go expensive, and get the dual product microtrak iso setup or similiar.

Will accucontrol run my surefire pump AND turn on/off another pump according to a prescription map? What is a reasonable option for this and what nodes would I need? Or other?

As I said, I don't have to replace the current setup right now but need to be thinking down the road. TIA

Edit. Would any options out there have an option to control a pump for agitation? Also any recommendations of someone to make a prescription map based on soil type and soil health imagery.

Edited by mignic 2/25/2024 15:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)