AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wireless 12v on/off switch for sprayers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/15/2024 10:31 (#10624382 - in reply to #10624280)
Subject: RE: Wireless 12v on/off switch for sprayers

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I am not familiar with the ISO wiring arrangement, With the older Raven 440/450 systems, it was quite common to use a remote Mastter switch. It was wired using an Orange and an Orange with white strip wire. These were stub wires in the console cable. By putting a new switch in between those two wires, the operator could use another switch instead of the usual Master Switch. Since the switches were in effect wired in parallel, either switch would start spraying. Both had to be OFF to stop spraying.

Often this remote switch was in the cab and the operator used it instead of the built in Master switch. The Original Master would need to be OFF at all times.

However it would work to extend those wires to a Remote Master switch which could be mounted outside on the sprayer boom. Then in case of a problem, you could shut off the regular Master and good sections but leave the questionable one ON. Then walk out to the boom and repair as necessary. Then flip on the outside Master to test that section. Once the problem is fixed, shut off the outside Master and go back to the tractor, turn on all sections and the Master to return to normal spraying.

I would think that this should work with your ISO setup in pretty much the same way but I am not familiar with them. The idea would be to have the "new" extra switch make the connection across the terminals of the regular foot switch that you are using. The original switch would need to be OFF when doing the testing. The new Remote switch would need to be OFF for normal spraying.

Again the one you are not using needs to be OFF so the one you are using can be in control.

The picture below shows the idea. With the Raven 450, just add on to the Orange and Orange/white stub wires by the display. Run them out back to the boom and put a switch between them.

The ISO harness might already have wires like that. Otherwise I believe the drawing below should work.

(IMG_2449[1] (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2449[1] (full).JPG (55KB - 17 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)