AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Portable coral ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 2/4/2024 05:18 (#10607737 - in reply to #10607438)
Subject: RE: Portable coral ??

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
We have their biggest Linn Wrangler size. We like it, only bought it because two other neighbors had the exact same model that I run cows with. Plus dealer was 100 miles away. We can take two of these and put them together and wean off calves on around 500 hd. of cows if you don't ram them. We have never use the alley to work any stock. We just use it as corral. We set up three panels and loading chute off a bow gate to load semi, or flip panel and back in and load G/N trailers.

Cattle seem to load real well out of that bow gate. Even 30 day old calves load well off ground to trailer that way. If we order another corral it would look more to just panels, bow gates. Nice to be able to open gate to ride horse in and under. I agree cheaper to rent one, if there is a rentals around. We access to three other corrals. We don't charge each other rent, but share our corrals with each other.

Problem is with renting them out most guys don't take care of stuff. Hit them hard enough in fee, if they break it gets repaired. Also tow it to site and set up for them. We never use those brace arms, we tell guys to never set those. Real easy way to bend panels using them. Let corral kind of free flow if cows hit it. If I had a rental I would unbolt those.

We have a panel trailer we built, with panels. That was nice but we sure hook on this and can go at a minutes notice. I've been told other brands are better, but this one has sure worked for us. If we bought another, we would look at others. I priced Arrowquip over phone, nope they put me right out market, looked to be too many moving parts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)