AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using 1 GPS antenna and splitting the signal between 2 FMXs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mohr-power
Posted 1/30/2024 13:12 (#10600637)
Subject: Using 1 GPS antenna and splitting the signal between 2 FMXs

West-Central IL
So I know this is a strange question, but I have a situation where it would be most convenient if I could use a single Trimble Ag25 and split the GPS signal between two Trimble FMX displays. Im thinking like a TV antenna cable that runs into the house and then is split to go to multiple TVs located in the house. Could this be done? Does anybody make a splitter that would work?

Additional info: I have two FMX displays mounted on a single ATV, with the Ag25 antenna held on by magnets. I am using two systems to triangulate points. In the simple example below, I know where points A and B are and am trying to find where point C is. I know point C is 100 feet away from point A and 60 feet away from point B. I can drive to point A and hold the antenna over it and pause FMX #1. I then drive to point B and hold the antenna over it and pause FMX #2. I can then drive until FMX #1 is 100 feet away from point A and FMX #2 is 60 feet away from point B. I can then set the GPS antenna on the ground to mark the exact spot on the ground. Now obviously I can do this with two GPS antenna, one for each FMX. But if you have ever tried handling the GPS antenna while using them, you know how easily they can lose satellite signal. With two hands, I can pull the magnet off and handle it without a problem. But trying to handle two antenna at the same time is going to be extremely difficult. Even more of an issue is obviously I can't put one antenna on top of the other antenna so I cant be as precise marking point C with two antenna as I can one antenna.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Edited by mohr-power 1/30/2024 14:01

(IMG_20240130_131951 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20240130_131951 (full).jpg (46KB - 42 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)