AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheelman whirl app update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/20/2024 08:27 (#10583664 - in reply to #10583042)
Subject: RE: Wheelman whirl app update

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm not familiar with the Wheelman but I have a device that can get updated wirelessly. My device is the "feeler" steering system for corn on my combine.

In my case, the microprocessor involved is an ESP 32 which has Wi-Fi capability. This can be used many ways. With my "feeler" system Wi-Fi is not used in its day to day operation. It can be used to perform updates to the system. This sounds like what may have happened in your situation.

The ESP32 microprocessor can be used in other situations where using Wi-Fi is vital to the project. I use one of them to work with my Shop Door opener and my phone. In that situation the Wi-Fi is the heart of the operation to allow the phone to control the door opener.

In my case to make an update for the steering controller in the combine, I must have an app on my phone from the Headsight Company (makers of the feeler system). My phone uses the Internet to download the most recent update file. I can then hand carry my phone to the combine and have the phone app transfer the update wirelessly to the feeler controller. I do not need Internet capability in the combine since the update file is apparently stored in the app on the phone.

I understand your confusion as to how yours could have gotten updated since your tablet does not have access to the Internet. One thought is that the update may have been available on your phone which has Internet access and automatically got transferred to your tablet without your knowledge.

I just installed a new computer in my office this week. The previous one had locked up on me due to a virus. I planned on rebuilding the new computer basically from scratch but was pleasantly surprised that many things were just as I wanted them to be. I still have much to learn about this inter activity.

As far as your observation about WAAS, my thought there is that WAAS can be inaccurate but is not ALWAYS inaccurate. You get lucky sometimes.

Edited by tedbear 1/20/2024 08:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)