AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I.D. steering valve
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/10/2024 07:29 (#10566152 - in reply to #10565167)
Subject: RE: I.D. steering valve

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Maybe, it does look like the one in my CIH STX-450. I purchased this tractor at a retirement auction. I am the fourth owner. Someone prior to me, had a Trimble CFX-750, Auto Sense and Nav II installed in the tractor. An external steering valve was installed on a stand under the hood and tees into the steering system.

I do not know if it will work properly for your tractor. I suspect the valves need to be somewhat matched to the tractor so although the valve in your picture looks similar to mine and our tractors are fairly similar the valve may not be appropriate.

My first auto steer was in a Deere 8120 with the ILS front end. My second auto steer was in a Deere 8310 with a regular FWD. Neither tractor had factory auto steer valves.

I purchased Trimble kits with external steering valves for each tractor. The electronics were the same but the steering valve that came in the kit for the 8120 was physically larger and different than the one that came with the 8310 kit. I suspect this may be due to the fact that the 8120 has the ILS front end which uses larger cylinders.

Later due to a trade-up program I was able to trade in the Trimble electronics etc. toward Ag Leader displays with Ag Leader Steer Command controllers. I was able to reuse the steering valves that had been used with the Trimble systems. This meant the switch over was fairly easy since no hydraulic changes were necessary.

Edited by tedbear 1/10/2024 07:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)