AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Migraines and moving
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

gomeracme
Posted 1/2/2024 11:51 (#10553884 - in reply to #10553809)
Subject: RE: Migraines and moving

I had migraines since a teenager, currently mid 50's and still get a couple a year, but nothing like when I was younger.

Tried everything under the sun family doctor had me on beta blockers and tried other preventive pills, finally he referred me to a Neurologist.

It wasn't until I seen a Neurologist, who said to take Magnesium (like 750-800mg/day - add or back off depending on what it does to your bowels), take Vitamin B2 (400mg). In addition he suggested reduce stress, change what I was eating. At the time I was not eating all that well, coffee/donuts in morning and fast food at lunch, drinking way too much soda pop basically cut out all caffeine.

I was able to quit my job and stay home on the farm, which reduced my stress 10 fold. Cut out all sugary drinks, started drinking more water and eating better. Since I was home I was able to increase the size of the garden, froze and canned what we did not consume out of the garden. Cut out junk food. Doing this I was able to stop taking the beta blockers I was on for years.

In addition to Magnesium and B2, I also take milk thistle, dandelion and yellow dock for liver support. The milk thistle will also help with the hormonal part of the headaches, the liver helps balance the hormones.

I'll still get a migraine from time to time but usually my own doing by eating something I shouldn't or forgetting to take my vitamins. Not saying this will work for your wife, but migraines run in our family, my mother had them and so does my daughter who is in her early 20's. My daughter takes the above and it has helped her. I wish I knew this when I was in my 20-30's as I had migraines 4-5 times a month that would last for 2-3 days at a clip.

I feel for her sometimes when you do not have a migraine and you think, "oh I almost forgot what it feels like not to have a migraine". It is tough, I know.
Wishing her the best.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)