AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Technology
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ljadx160
Posted 1/3/2024 14:34 (#10555595 - in reply to #10553696)
Subject: RE: Ag Technology

North Central Iowa
I do have at least one 1 MB SRAM card laying around for a YM2000 if you are interested. Can't guarantee it works, but it "should" (been a couple years since I used it). But for mapping, still need a GPS to feed the YM2000 coordinates (I had used an EZ Guide 500 after the original Ag Leader GPS quit working). You could also try to find a PF Advantage. Directly replaces the YM2000 and uses more "modern" cards that are easier to find a card reader for. The real trick with the YM2000's SRAM cards is reading them. Generally have to find an old laptop that can read those old PCMCIA type of cards and then transfer the data with a USB stick to a modern PC.

There have been some recent posts in the last few months about options on updating from a YM2000 that I've responded to. That discussion has more info. As others have and will point out, those old ag leader displays are getting long in the tooth. But they do work fine. The actual technology behind the yield monitoring hasn't really changed, particularly if you have a clean grain elevator mounted moisture sensor.

Boils down to $, ease of use (including desire/ability to fuss around with old technology), and other future options; like steering the combine in addition to yield monitoring. I personally just jumped this past fall from a PF Advantage in a JD9500 combine to an Ag Leader 1200 with yield monitoring and integrated steering in a JD S660 combine. None of that was cheap. But it's really nice!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)