AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ubiquiti Point to Multi Point
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

stxman
Posted 12/30/2023 22:33 (#10549714 - in reply to #10549190)
Subject: RE: Ubiquiti Point to Multi Point

Thanks for the replies, Lance and Grant!

At the grain leg at the home farm, I currently have a UniFi 24 Port POE Switch (US-24-250W) at the base of the leg and four CAT6 cables run to the top. So that should cover my power/switch needs at the home farm to power the antennas there. Out at the remote sites I will need a POE switch there to power the antenna and also cameras. Do you think a USW-Flex Switch and USW-Flex-Utility Enclosure might be the way to go as compared to the NanoSwitch? Its about $110 more but would allow integration into the UniFi console for management whereas the NanoSwitch will not (I think I am correct with this statement, but correct me if I'm wrong)

Can the LiteBeam 5AC be used in a point to multi-point configuration? I'm just thinking down the road if I add another site and it happens to be in line with a current site, I could switch the "base" over to cover more locations provided performance doesn't degrade too much. I noticed in the specs for the "LiteBeam 5AC Long-Range" it lists both the PtP and PtMP options but no mention of it for the standard LiteBeam 5AC??

When selecting channels any tips or other recommendations (in addition to "each link will need its own channel that does not overlap) on setting these to make everything work correctly? Is this more just trial an error? Start with the high MHz channels and work my way down to find acceptable bandwidth?

Edited by stxman 12/30/2023 22:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)