AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

YouTube premium
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 12/30/2023 06:23 (#10548367 - in reply to #10547224)
Subject: RE: YouTube without advertisements

Pittsburg, Kansas
I don't get ads on Youtube but I am not certain why. If I use the Youtube ap I do get them and it irritates me.

We do subscribe to Amazon Prime so maybe that has something to do with it. But where I do notice the big difference is I almost always watch Youtube videos on my browser which is called "Brave". No ads to speak of and no ads on places like Zero Hedge. I think it blocks them.

However if I click on a link that someone has provided to a Youtube video on my phone it goes to the Youtube ap (instead of my Brave browser) and I get the ads. I think here a week or two ago I went into settings and changed my ap for Youtube videos to Brave rather than the Youtube ap. We will see if that works to not bring up the Youtube ap but instead plays the linked video in Brave.

I'm not at all sure what I am talking about. But it is information that may help someone discover on their own if they can get away from the ads by either using a different method of watching the Youtube videos or maybe some other service than Youtubbe offers a no-ad service. I don't claim to know what I am doing but it seems to work anyway.

Edit: Wife just informed me we do pay for the no ad service from Youtube. I had forgot. My guess is when my Youtube ap pops up with the Youtube video I have not signed in on that account so that is why I am getting the ads with it and not with brave. (I use my wifes account - don't want the FBI following me! LOL)
This only goes to prove I don't know what I am talking about and absolutely no one should do something just because John Burns does it :-)

Edited by John Burns 12/30/2023 06:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)