AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Putting Deere Op Center Data on Ag Leader Incommand 1200?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/28/2023 08:08 (#10545242 - in reply to #10544006)
Subject: RE: Putting Deere Op Center Data on Ag Leader Incommand 1200?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I plant, spray and harvest all with Ag Leader displays so I do not have your problem.

Back when I worked as a Tech, I played around with importing planting data from a non-Ag Leader equipped planter to a reference file which can be used with an Ag Leader display in the combine for variety switching etc.

This was done via SMS. If you don't want to purchase SMS, I would look around for someone who has a copy and will work with you to create these reference files. This might be a seed dealer, Ag Leader dealer or neighbor.

The process goes something like this: A memory stick with the data from the device that was in the planting tractor is read by SMS. SMS can be instructed to make a Reference data file of varieties for each field. At Harvest time, the combine is driven to the field to be harvested and the operator chooses the configuration and field as usual. It is then possible to instruct the Ag Leader display to look at the files on the USB stick. The operator would choose the Reference file for the field to be harvested. The display will read the variety information from that file. The display can be set to automatically switch on a variety change just as if the field had been planted with that display.

This variety data does NOT become part of the InCommands memory but is just a temporary Reference file. If the operator leaves that field and goes to another field, the Reference file for that field would need to be loaded. If the operator returns to the first field to finish it, the Reference file for the first field would need to be loaded again.

Edited by tedbear 12/28/2023 08:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)