AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1770nt 350 monitor to 20/20 seed monitoring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/27/2023 09:22 (#10543520 - in reply to #10543423)
Subject: RE: 1770nt 350 monitor to 20/20 seed monitoring

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Some years ago we purchased a used 1770NT that came with a 350 monitor also. Since I am very Pro Ag Leader, we went with an Ag Leader display in the tractor which steers the tractor. The planter has several modules on it. Each has its own specific duties.

One is the Seed Tube Monitoring Module which allows the original sensors and cable from the 350 to be reused and leads to the Seed Tube Monitoring Module (STTM). Basic and Advanced seed monitoring such as singulation, doubles etc. are available for corn. Basic population monitoring is available for planting soybeans. Much other information such as variety maps, totals, etc. are part of the package.

Another module called the Clutch Control Module is used for section control. This shuts off pairs of rows if they have already been planted. Since we apply starter fertilizer with the planter for corn, an Ag Leader Application Rate module monitors the rate of starter fertilizer. We also spray with the planter and an Ag Leader Liquid Product Control Module monitors/controls the spray.

These modules could be used one by one or several together such as we are doing. If your goal is just better seed monitoring at this time, then the STTM would be sufficient. Other modules could be added later as you see the need.

The Ag Leader display can be used in many other situations such as working with a sprayer, dry fertilizer rig, strip-til, harvest and others.

Edited by tedbear 12/27/2023 09:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)