AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Newer Computer behaves differently than old Computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/22/2023 08:37 (#10535901)
Subject: Newer Computer behaves differently than old Computer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I recent purchased a refurbished HP computer with some version of Windows 10. The installation went smoothly for the most part. I did download a fresh version of Libre Office from the website. I use Chrome, Google etc. which required some steps to get them working on the newer machine. I have been happy with the results as the newer machine is more responsive.

However a few things have changed that I would like to correct. One seems to the loss of spellcheck here on Ag Talk. With my older machine, spelcheck points out misspellings as I type. Note the misspelling of spellcheck in the previous sentence. This spelling error was not flagged as it would have been using the older machine.

Spellcheck does work properly with Libre Office on both machines.

Another minor difference is that if I often do a search on an Author in AgTalk. The author is generally myself and is a quick way to see if others have responded to topics that I have made comments about. With the old computer, I can click on the author box and authors that I have previously used with Search appears and I just click on myself.

With the newer machine, the drop down box is always empty and I need to type in the author's handle each time. Granted this is a minor inconvienence but I'm puzzled why the two computers seem different in these respects.

I suspect that I have inadvertently turned off the spell checker here on AgTalk. I have not found a way to turn it back on like it is on the older computer. I did a Google search on the topic and several references and solutions were presented but most dealt with turning Spell check back on in MicroSoft Word which I don't even have.

Edited by tedbear 12/22/2023 08:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)