AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High LDL
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 12/9/2023 11:26 (#10516783)
Subject: High LDL

Pittsburg, Kansas

Dave Feldman with just announced study results from high LDL, specifically lean mass hyper responders. These are a small subset of lean (not overweight) people that go on a ketogenic diet and see their LDL go sky high, HDL go up and triglycerides go down. For reference when I went on a ketogenic diet (and WAS overweight) my LDL stayed about the same, HDL went up (good) and triglycerides went down (also good). So I do not fall in that category.

But the people that do fall in that category often have their doctors pushing statin drugs on them and telling them that they are going to have a heart attack (because of current medical hypothesis and standard of care guidelines).

More and more doctors are starting to promote that high LDL is a very minimal if any risk concerning heart problems. This is another chink in the conventional medical dogma concerning cholesterol. It does not apply to everyone. In fact only a small subset of the population on a ketogenic diet. But it goes to show there is still a lot to be learned about treatment non-infectious medical problems. Doctors only know what they were taught and have learned since medical school. One prominent medical school teacher told his medical students that in ten years they would find that half the stuff they learned would be wrong. They just didn't know which half. As  the science progresses more is learned and also many things have to be un-learned. But it is a very slow process to get the new information applied and the old dogma to die. Studies like this are just one very small step in the progress.

5 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejpbghApYGs

Edited by John Burns 12/9/2023 11:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)