AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

box beef $298-lets talk reality
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 11/29/2023 13:38 (#10502266 - in reply to #10501941)
Subject: RE: box beef $298-lets talk reality

western iowa,by Denison
Ben - 11/29/2023 09:07

1500# and only 10% prime. to me that just shows how out of touch the cattle/ ag industry is. been a couple years had a small group of steers go 83 % prime rest high choice weight 1100# yield 2 and 3's. Totally different genetics but both groups red. These were the type of cattle that could easily be high select to choice on forage only.
Have no idea about the lrp certainly do agree the gov't is here to help,,, yea right.

only feed energy ration last 100 days-I get it Ben!
Thought as a cattle feeder they did ok-yield was tremendous. They never really gained any faster from the roughage ration to the energy ration-the family that has the cow herd has grass feed them also and grade prime on there grass fed ones-I have no grass or pasture so I feed corn silage,haylage,rye silage-earlage and corn that i purchase,
Best of Luck Ben,several different niche markets-I just happen to be a cattle feeder that doesnt market grain-and will be first to admit I aint no top cattle feeder-just a guy that feeds cattle- I cannot change the genetics on boughten feeders.

Edited by garvo 11/29/2023 13:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)