AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Software companies, major cause of scams.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 11/27/2023 07:27 (#10498805 - in reply to #10497672)
Subject: RE: Software companies, major cause of scams.

East central Iowa

Buster 50 - 11/26/2023 12:53 I don't understand you title claim. It doesn't seem to tie in with the body of your complaint. I will agree updates can and do screw things up. I just did an update on my iphone and notice that they had changed the layout of the buttons on the phone screen. I'm sure that made the phone much more secure....Not.

I know.  I often know what I'm saying and am too cryptic perhaps or don't explain in sufficient detail my reasoning. 

If and that's IF people have had bad experiences with updates and upgrades they become more reluctant to do them.  Kind of like colonoscopies.  If you've had one you're not in a hurry to have another.  When your experience with updates and upgrades has repeatedly been loss of feature, hidden functions and broken operating systems you don't do it and that opens security dangers.  It's the fault of software companies who push out these updates and upgrades without regard to prior features, where they located and how they will affect the system.

One last thought, a lot of security is worthless as people continue to have simple 1234 passwords, open emails and click on links from unknown or face sources, bank online without two factor authentication.  I have sat at some computers and simply clicking on the link opens their credit card or bank account.

I hope that clears up my post.  I appreciate your posts and thoughts.  Hope you're enjoying the winter where you are.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)