AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

89 year old type I diabetic doctor speaks out about diabetes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/23/2023 22:04 (#10494454)
Subject: 89 year old type I diabetic doctor speaks out about diabetes

Pittsburg, Kansas
Such an excellent resource and depth of knowledge, a lot will be lost when this doctor eventually passes. Fortunately for us there have been individuals who have made the effort to get him on Youtube to record some of his wisdom. He has written books, but the internet will get his wealth of knowledge out to so many more around the world.

He has been type I diabetic since 11 years old. Back when he was born, type I diabetics did not live a normal length life. They died early. It is a testament to his knowledge that he has not only lived to the age of 89, but is a STILL WORKING doctor. Life expectency back when he was diagnosed type I was around 30 years. He is still helping diabetics have normal blood sugar. For any diabetic (or anyone who does not want to become one) type I or type II, he is worth a listen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2UZXv8HAn70

As an aside, I used to take 4 shots of insulin a day (100 units total of a combination of regular plus long term insulin). Thanks to on line doctor information like and including his, I no longer need insulin shots and now test pre-diabetic according to my HbA1c blood test (6.0). This and stopping multiple other medications by ways most of the medical community will not tell a person about (diet mostly).

My daily goal is under 20 grams of carbohydrates a day like he does.

Edited by John Burns 11/23/2023 22:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)