AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

very early corn hybrids--clarification
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

IH1486turbo
Posted 11/19/2023 12:49 (#10488157 - in reply to #10487036)
Subject: RE: very early corn hybrids--clarification

Central MN
Maybe ask the owners if you could just open up the corn field for more opportunities for hunting. Instead of having no corn or a solid field of corn. If you have an 8 row head, take all the end rows off and then take 16 rows and leave 16 rows across the field.
As for early corn. I have no dryer so I’ve been testing 3 years now. Same everything for planting, spraying, fertility. Planted 72/73 day GT RR vs latest and greatest 87 and an 86 day agri-sure artesian. We’ve been in a drought bad the last 2 years so might be some issue.
Year 1: 72 vs 87, within a couple bushels. 72 higher test weight, drier by 2 points.
Year 2: 72 vs 86, 72 was 9 bushels better, 6-8 lb test weight heavier, and 14% for 72 vs 18% moisture on the 86. dry year but a few timely rains and cooler
Year 3: 73 vs 86, no longer could get the 72 day. pretty much a wash. Only difference was 73 was a point drier. 30.8 bpa average for both. No rain, hot at wrong times.
Next year I have some leftover 73 day seed for another trial. But can’t find anyone except pioneer that has early seed. Seems to be 77 is the earliest now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)