AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7088 Yield Monitor Calibration in Corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Crossflow
Posted 11/16/2023 12:04 (#10484352 - in reply to #10484040)
Subject: RE: 7088 Yield Monitor Calibration in Corn

SE MN

One thing I noticed this fall before starting harvest was a large gap in the elevator head, that seemed like a place for grain to fall through before ever being thrown against the impact plate. The size of this gap depends on the elevator head position (which moves as you tension the drive conveyor chain). If you can just get a half link out of the conveyor chain, then remove the half link, the gap becomes fairly small. If you need to take a half link out, but do not do it, the gap is large. I took a half link out of my chain to keep the gap to a minimum. I also filled in what was left of the gap, with great stuff foam sealer. Prior to the start of this season, I thought the reason it was reading low at high throughput was the paddles were much more full at high throughputs, and more grain would fall through the gap, than at low throughputs, which would affect the calibration. I checked to make sure the foam sealer was still in place, right before calibrating. In spite of all this, I am still having the same problem of prior years.

edit: Edit made in red, above

Edited by Crossflow 11/16/2023 12:34

(gap (full).jpg)

(sealer (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments gap (full).jpg (128KB - 37 downloads)
Attachments sealer (full).jpg (96KB - 42 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)