AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else notice?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

VMUSA1
Posted 11/8/2023 16:10 (#10473955 - in reply to #10473387)
Subject: RE: Anyone else notice?

Illinois Heartland
The only place in our area that still has a salad bar that I know of is the local Chinese buffet place. The hot food section is good, but the salad bar not so great.

Back when I was in high school 40 some years ago, I worked in a local steakhouse. Some nights I was a busboy, other nights the salad boy. I really liked busing tables and the waitresses would share part of their tips with me as I carried the meals out for them and kept drinks filled so they could take more orders.

I HATED working the salad bar though. People were pigs and would slop stuff everywhere. They would purposely put the bleu cheese ladle back in the French crock for example or put the purple beets spoon back in the cottage cheese. The Mgr was picky about it and I was constantly throwing stuff away and bringing new out. During peak hour, it was impossible to keep up and people were always complaining about something.

I see exactly why restaurants dropped the salad bar. On top of it, the health inspectors write them up for all sorts of new violations after the Covid debacle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)