AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this stock talk approved
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 10/31/2023 08:00 (#10463455 - in reply to #10463083)
Subject: RE: Is this stock talk approved

Cough, cough make sure you got switched wired to kill lights when running the port. I shake my head somedays at DOT when pulling trucks in. We have a new port just built 65 miles from us. It weighs in motion and also checks tires. One of the DOT cops lives 3 miles from us, so he knows our trucks, etc. Well, my youngest son was having a discussion on the road with him. My son asked him well that new port is kind of a nice new wet dream for you DOT coppers. He replied, yup kind of makes our life pretty easy, he just chuckled about it.

So, the next week son is running that way, took old highway. Sure, as crap DOT pulls him over at portable scales, old boy asks son was you avoiding the new port? No sir had to stop at the feed store to buy Hotshot batteries. Seems these cows of my dad's have an attitude problem and I plum wore my Hotshot out. Need to reload batteries before I unload. He replied to son I know for a fact them cows will run off the truck, but winked at him and said let me bounce your tires are your good to go.

I really had to smile when son's and I was eating in local cafe, a trade tech brings all their new students out this way for driving school for CDL's. So, they always stop and eat lunch. We have known the instructor's long time. Well sitting there, the other day the instructor ask's my son's hey you boys keep up on logbooks? Trying to make an impression on his new students. My youngest replied logbooks? We don't haul logs we haul cows! What's these books you talk about, you know I can't read and drive at the same time. The instructor says good thing you never came through my course. Son replied well I'm sure I could have taught you a thing or two.

I then chimed in and added to conversation telling the instructor you do know I learned from the best your brother. As his brother had hauled cattle for me over the years. He then replied yup my brother is a true renegade.

Sure, is a sweet looking ride Burdick!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)