AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Project ideas for boys club
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 10/31/2023 08:41 (#10463541 - in reply to #10455103)
Subject: RE: Project ideas for boys club

Thought about an idea this fall but might be more suited to a FFA group looking for community service ideas.

Approach local elevator/co-ops/ processing plants taking grain deliveries and inquire whether you could set up a stand or place to sell quick meals maybe burgers, dogs, a bag of chips, pop etc. I know if there was a stand next to the line heading to the dump they could probably sell a lot of items.  Sure its not the most nutritious meal in the world but sometimes you just want something quick.

One man show here, there are no meals coming to the field, there is no place to grab anything along the route and elevator mostly only has candy  bars and sweets for sale and many times I have not ate since the night before. (low carb just don't really get all that hungry anymore)

However many times a quick hot dog or burger would certainly hit the spot.

Organization could make a few dollars and get a few teachable moments along the way as well.

Do any of the locations everyone travels to delivering grain have a food truck that sets up there ? I'm guessing most places are too far off the beaten path for this.

Seems good FFA advisors ought to be all over this idea in their local communities since farmers pay a fair amount of school taxes that makes their programs possible.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)