AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thunderbird e-mail problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

moobeast
Posted 10/10/2023 09:10 (#10434649)
Subject: Thunderbird e-mail problem

Earlville, NY
We use Firefox/Thunderbird for our browser and e-mail. The e-mail has not been working past 24 hours or so. When you try to send/receive messages, it sends login information and just sits there; bottom of screen has the line' host contacted, sending login information...' After several minutes it will put up a message saying that the password didn't work and asks to Retry, use a new password, or cancel. Retry does the same thing, new password does the same thing, cancel obviously cancels it. The password is correct. I've tried a number of things I found online so far no luck yet. I did install the newest update, restarted, it asked for password right away, I entered it and it immediately downloaded e-mails. When I went to it half hour later, I hit the send/receive and now it does the same thing it was doing before. Last night, during my various attempts, it gave me a message to enter password, not 'try a new password' and it worked. I don't know why it asked that instead, but I entered the password and it worked for one time, next time was locked out again. I can check e-mail on the server website but it's inconvenient and doesn't have my address book on it. I have become computer illiterate over the years, I can follow directions on trying fixes but so far none of them are working.
Any suggestions? TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)