AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Right handed or left handed shoveler? Just for fun
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

afx_guy
Posted 8/1/2009 11:45 (#795950 - in reply to #795296)
Subject: co-dominant

outside looking for more corn cobs
In 4-H shooting sports (shotgun) the instructors would try to determine which eye was dominant in the shooters. Since in shooting shotgun you're supposed to keep both eyes open, you need to know which one is dominant to be able to aim correctly.
well, I am co-dominant. Basically that means that if I shoot with both eyes open and focus on the target, I see 2 barrels. The instructors couldn't figure out why I was shooting so poorly with both eyes and much better with one eye closed. I was young, so I thought everyone saw 2 barrels. They finally realized what was happening when I got fed up and shouted "which barrel do you want me to use?" we went back inside and they tried to confirm which eye was dominant, but never got the same result, so determined co-dominance.

It may be that, or the fact that my dad is a lefty and I'm a righty, but when it comes to a lot of things, I can do it either handed depending on which way is easier at the time.
Shoveling, I just switch as needed, makes no difference.
I made Christmas wreaths with my granddad for a few years, and I always found it easier to go one way, but all the other relatives (except my dad) went the other way around the ring. I'd never seen my dad make wreaths before, either, so that was not an influence.
writing I use my right hand, though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)