AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Avoiding kidney stones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/16/2023 09:28 (#10318293 - in reply to #10317895)
Subject: RE: Avoiding kidney stones

Pittsburg, Kansas

LOL

I take some magnesium and potassium mostly daily in my drinking water. I also use salt very liberally. Have been taking Berberine since I quit taking metformin (not sure either one is doing anything for me). For the last month of so we have been putting a scoop of collagen powder in coffee in the morning using it kind of like creamer. We kind of like it for that purpose. Softens the flavor of the coffee and the collagen is just food. Oh, also two or three drops of Lugoll's iodine in the coffee since we do not use iodized salt at home (use Redmonds Real Salt). Sometimes will take a multi-vitamin but not always. We sometimes try other supplements for a while to see if they do anything for us.

What do you take, since we are getting personal????

As far as advising, I didn't even claim they work. I don't give advice, just discuss things that are of interest to me.

Here is exactly what I said in case you missed it:
I put a link to the one I use down below. But I can't say it absolutely works for prevention. I take it once in a while for prevention and have not had kidney stones again, but I can't say for certain why I have not. Could be diet change, could be the Chanka Piedra, could be I'm going to get them again and just have not to date. But I do take a Chanka Piedra  (stone breaker ) pill for about three days every couple of months or so. Hope it works. So far so good.

Has good reviews (for whatever that is worth) on Amazon.

Edited by John Burns 7/16/2023 09:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)