AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm a PC, I'm a Mac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 12/12/2006 20:37 (#72968 - in reply to #72891)
Subject: RE: I'm a PC, I'm a Mac

southern MN
My wife & her friends are Mac. We just brought home her 4th Mac, a Mac Minni. Neat machine.

I started out Atari, have worked on many different platforms (other than the hated Amiga! :) along the way, & settled on PC just because that's what's out there.

Anyhow, the Mac will tie into your network very easily. Just plug in the Cat5e cable & you're good, or set up the Airport. No problem. Internet will be easier on the Mac than the PC.

We haven't done the file sharing too much, so I won't comment much on that part. Mac doesn't have the vast business software Windows has, and you will be slightly converting from one program to another so I'm sure there will be minor issues, but if you aren't doing anything too far out of the mainstream it shouldn't be a big problem.

The Dual-Core Macs (all of them if you buy new) can run Windows XP if you buy a copy of XP. So it is possible to have both worlds on the Mac. The question is, does it pay to buy a Mac to end up running Windows on it.... Currently it is boot up either Mac or PC, so it's not a push of a button to go back & forth.

PC is an open machine, one can make it do anything you want, BUT it takes some thought & understanding on your part. The Windows setup was pasted on top of it to make it easier to use, but is a bit of a kludge.

Mac is a closed system, far easier to use, but is controlled by Apple & you can do whatever they thought of doing with the machine.

Of course, both sytems have migrated towards each other from those simplistic definitions.

Don't know if that helps any.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)