AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outlook or Zidua on post beans for Waterhemp?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Douglass ks
Posted 6/1/2023 07:45 (#10251973 - in reply to #10251787)
Subject: RE: Outlook or Zidua on post beans for Waterhemp?

Douglass Kansas

We spray 2 oz Valor, 10 oz Outlook, 2 to 6 weeks before planting, then right after planting spray 3.2 oz Zidua. If there are any pigweeds at planting time ground will get paraquat right before planting. Over the last 5, I think we have sprayed about 40% of our soybeans post emerge with something other than roundup, clethodium, or insecticide.

I think Zidua and Outlook both work well to control pigweeds. For the same dollars outlook might be better.  Zidua can wait longer for an activating rain the most other chemicals.

The most important time to put on a pre is at planting. The pigweeds that do the most damage are the ones that are alive at planting(and not killed at planting time), followed by the ones that come up right after planting, these are the ones that I spend the most to prevent.

If there are no pigweeds at 3 weeks after planting there is no reason to spray for them the rest of the season. ( I am a warm weather soybean farmer, this 3 weeks might not work if you plant soybeans when mornings are cold)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)