AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford 5000 steering valve-not motor-Bern?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WCWI
Posted 5/28/2023 22:14 (#10247509 - in reply to #10246931)
Subject: RE: Ford 5000 steering motor-Bern?

ronm - 5/28/2023 12:37

Duh...yes, valve, not motor...under the dash. Flat deck 5000.
Edit: but the damned thing IS called a Hydramotor...

I take it you are talking about the shaft the steering wheel mounts to. Have the same issue with a M670 Moline, but from my understanding Saginaw was out of business a year or two after 1965, rebuilt this one once 20 years ago, still seeped some but now is worse and am going to have to do something. Do you guys think a speedi sleeve will work?

It has been a few years, but maybe able to get them from AGCO look up a 1965 Super MM 670 Moline serial number around 3200, I will play around and see what I can find, if you have measurements I think I have my old parts around and might have one bought for next time, maybe I can tell you if it is the same one. The 1973 model does not make sense to me from what I had been told years ago, unless Ford had some old stock they were still using in 73, the parts diagram looks like mine, but hard to tell at that size.

Added:

https://parts.agcocorp.com/en_US/apbsearch?q=white/r2110b00/l&name=M...

Stub shaft seal kit number is 10P2942 subs to 35P938 and lists at $61.99 at my dealer, no guarantee that this is the seal kit you need or if the Moline is the same as Ford, if you want me to try and measure to see if they are the same e-mail is good.

Moline ran a GM power steering pump for their power steering, think it was a truck pump but not 100% sure on the truck part.

Edited by WCWI 5/28/2023 22:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)