AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenhouse - Commercial production
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MaineFarmer
Posted 5/26/2023 04:19 (#10243918 - in reply to #10243908)
Subject: RE: Greenhouse - Commercial production

coast of Maine
moon1234,We use maybe 24 tons of soil mixes each year.I usually purchase the promix in white bags(BX?) with all of the root stimulants available.It is made in NB,CA.but I buy it out of PA cheaper,,same stuff just a longer circle ride.
The absolute best thing you can do is buy a"Dinky" soil mixer ,flat filler.If your bales are dry they may be old ,add a tad of moisture maybe in the mixer.Check the date on the bales you are buying.
I used to have floating perlite but with a mixer its gone,why IDK except its way quicker and will make soil mixing /flat filling a dream.We used to do the stock tank /shovel deal also.It is made by an Amish guy in Indiana or Missouri.Paid for in labor savings in one season.With health issues you may feel it pays instantly.
The only time dust is an issue is when the raised beds (we use as indoor growing beds) are left un covered in winter and they dry out and take weeks to re hydrate in the spring.We have gone to covering and wetting in the fall and allow to freeze during winter.
I just checked there is a video on line on the Dinky from an ag show I may have been at back when I bought this unit.Google Dinky soil mixer
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)