AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AG leader insight on a Hardi sprayer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/25/2023 08:56 (#10242766 - in reply to #10242231)
Subject: RE: AG leader insight on a Hardi sprayer.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Many Hardi sprayers use a positive displacement pump. This means the flow must go somewhere. Hardi does this by sending the excess back to the tank. When a section valve is OFF, the flow from that valve goes back to the tank. The main control valve splits what gets to the ground with the excess going back to the tank.

This makes it virtually impossible to insert a flow meter to only measure what gets to the ground. Ag Leader's answer to this is to choose "calibrated reflow" for the control valve type. The flow going through the flow meter may all be getting to the ground or some or much of it might be returning to the tank. The calibrated reflow concept factors the flow reading so as to represent only the sections that are ON.

In other words if 20 gallons/minute are going through the flow meter but half the sections are ON and the other half are OFF, then the system factors the 20 GPM down to 10 GPM to calculate that actual applied rate.

This does not necessarily apply to all Hardi sprayers, it depends on how the plumbing was done from Hardi. As the previous reply indicates, Hardi's are difficult to work with and I would avoid them.

Edited by tedbear 5/25/2023 08:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)