AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

gps upgrade
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Expensive Hobby
Posted 5/23/2023 22:51 (#10241181 - in reply to #10240943)
Subject: RE: gps upgrade

NW Missouri
I have an agleader system. My display is an Incommand, so I don't know how that differs from an Integra (the Integra might not be able to receive wireless data like an Incommand can?). I am running RTK, getting corrections from the CORS network in MO via a BR1 mini modem. To upgrade to that from the WAAS I was using before, I needed a 6500 or 7500 receiver that was unlocked, and the BR1 with a data plan. You might be able to use your phone or an ipad if you have pretty good cell service where you farm. I have some remote farms that I was concerned about getting signal at so I went with a BR1. I didn't have any issues and never lost coverage this season.

Digifarm sells the BR1 minis for less than agleader and they come with an external antenna and a power cord that tees into the agleader cords to power up automatically with the display. My data plan is through Data Activation Center - $25 a month while I'm using it and $20 to reactivate after it has been shut off, those are the only recurring costs. For me it was a no-brainer to go this route instead of Terrastar. I'll be money ahead in 3 years while having better accuracy and less convergence time (takes maybe 3-5 minutes for the BR1 to connect to the Incommand on startup). After one season, I'm very happy with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)