AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nebraska Folks - River "Tanking"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 5/17/2023 19:56 (#10233030 - in reply to #10232402)
Subject: RE: Nebraska Folks - River "Tanking"

East of Broken Bow
Where in Nebraska?

There are several I know of, depending on where you want to go, what your budget is, and how elaborate you want it to be.
Calamus Outfitters mentioned is a really professionally run place, they can set you up with tanking, cabins, a BBQ meal for your group, etc. They are really, really good, and go from basic tanking up to an entire vacation experience. Run by Nebraska ranchers who literally lost their cow herd to a tornado, didn't know what to do, and started up an outfitter business. The Switzers are real nice down to earth people. If you go that route and go full service, ask about some of their specialty foods. They make some pretty good dishes out of things like Pheasant.

If you just want to try tanking, and have a smaller budget, there are a couple outfits around, as well. I'm fairly familiar with ones in the Central Ne. and southern Sandhill area. There are a couple on the river by Ericson, NE, that we have used in the past, and I wouldn't be afraid to use them for a simple budget tanking trip.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)