AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fattires , new house progress ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Fattires
Posted 5/14/2023 21:02 (#10229292 - in reply to #10227960)
Subject: RE: fattires , new house progress ?

SW Ohio
Thanks for inquiring. I was getting ready to start a thread about my basement slab.
The construction started about a month ago.
Currently we have the basement done, they poured the floor this past Tuesday.
Framing is supposed to start a week from tomorrow.
We ended up deciding on a heat pump with a high efficiency gas furnace rather than geothermal. Will have VRF heat pump, 2 stage furnace, zoned system. I've gone back and forth on about every decision a dozen times including the HVAC. Our HVAC contractor does geothermal as well and he thought the way we are going is the best option for us.
I'm not doing any of the work on the house other than running the water line and a couple little things but my goodness it's taken a lot of my time to get to this point. It's exciting and has made for a stressful, crazy busy spring.
Edit to add, I forgot to mention we had to have our plans redrawn, the initial designer had some issues with not enough support for the floors, a wider attic truss than could actually be made etc.
So we had to hire a new guy and have a bunch of things redrawn including the whole second floor. Now I'm very happy with the results but that took a good bit of time.

Also we ended up over the estimates for the basement by $15k or so... Needless to say building a house has not quite been a walk in the park lol

Edited by Fattires 5/14/2023 21:20

(PXL_20230514_225410472 (full).jpg)

(PXL_20230413_233751840 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments PXL_20230514_225410472 (full).jpg (122KB - 15 downloads)
Attachments PXL_20230413_233751840 (full).jpg (157KB - 20 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)