AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Incommand would not turn on solution
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/12/2023 08:56 (#10226022 - in reply to #10225867)
Subject: RE: Incommand would not turn on solution

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
That would do it. This pertains to the InCommands but also the older CAN displays.

Here are the things I check when I'm in that situation: 1) auto swath OFF (Inactive). 2) Target Rate Other than zero (will go to zero for a new product the first time it is used) 3) Master & Section switch ON. 4) High Current including both 12V and Ground to the Module and also to the section valves. (must check with a meter).

Remember that the LED on the module should be flashing green which indicates a healthy connection to the CAN bus. It does not indicate the status of the high current 12V power and ground at the 2 pin Deutsch gray connector on the module with the fairly heavy black and red wires. You need to test them with a meter between the red and black wires coming to the module. The High current power/ground is what actually does the "work" of opening the valves etc.

The lack of high current power/ground has tripped up many including myself. I had this happen to me early on when working with an Ag Leader system on a planter. I was at a farmers place and things seemed to be working fine. I came back the next day to button things up and it didn't seem to work. Turns out the farmer had folded the planter and put it in his shed overnight. The high current cable didn't have enough slack in it and became unplugged unknown to either of us. It took a while but I finally found it and plugged it back in. Turns out it was actually a blessing since I remember the incident and it has saved time in troubleshooting other similar situations.

Edited by tedbear 5/12/2023 08:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)