AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 1590 20ft drill auto steer setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Versh4020
Posted 4/27/2023 11:47 (#10205518)
Subject: JD 1590 20ft drill auto steer setup

I need some help. I have never ran a drill using auto steer before and I can't seem to get my setup where I want it. I'm running a 1590 20ft drill, I'm using only the back gang to plant beans on 15in spacing. Using a 2630 display and 6000 receiver with SF3 and an ATU 200 in a 4650. I have the receiver mounted on the front of the roof and it's dam close to center. I just can't get my guess rows to be close enough for my comfort. I can be off between 5 to 12 inches depending on what I change in the drill offsets. I have measured the actual working width of the rear gang and it's 18.8ft. I have played with the track spacing between that and 20ft. I have adjusted the offset of the receiver in the tractor setup. I have switched the drill offset from left to right and back again. Standing at the rear of the drill the rear gang is offset to the left I believe, correct me if I'm wrong. The problem now is I'm chasing my tail changing settings. I want to start planting beans the first of next week so I'm looking for any advice or help any of you may have to help get me going. Tia

Should add the planter is a 2 point hookup to the quick hitch of the tractor

Edited by Versh4020 4/27/2023 11:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)