AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mac & cheese Italian meatballs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/22/2023 12:46 (#10197940 - in reply to #10197909)
Subject: chicken places to eat

Pittsburg, Kansas

Our ground was the fence line east of where the riding mower demonstrations were done. In fact we rented the farm show some of that ground for some variety test plots and some planter and sprayer demonstration area some of the years. So if you ever stepped over there, you were on our property.

Not sure what our plans are yet on the days of the farm show (we travel a lot) but we very likely will be home and be attending the farm show at least one of the days. When it gets closer and know for sure I will be home, maybe can make an AgTalk meet up day out at my place or at the farm show or something.

I always preferred Chicken Annies a little over Marys as it to me had a little more spice. A little more garlic taste. Chicken Annies Annex is just up the road a mile east of us and north a quarter. It is good also. No, we don't eat it much any more. The last time we did I went ahead and ate the breading on the chicken and just the breading (didn't eat the table bread, onion rings or potato salad) raised my blood sugar significantly. And eating chicken after stripping the coating off is kind of sacrilegious, appears rude and chicken doesn't taste like much of anything by itself, so no, we don't eat there hardly ever any more.

Another less known chicken place, but another good one, is Gebhardt's chicken dinners. They are up in the Chicken Mary/Chicken Annies original area NE of Pittsburg.
https://restaurantjump.com/gebhardts-chicken-dinners-66756/

Another chicken joint is in Frontenac called Barto's. It is a bar and chicken dinner place. Bar on one side, restaurant on the other.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/bartos-idle-hour-frontenac

Barto's does have hamburger and hamburger steak and Gebhardt's has great pork chops so there is stuff we can eat there.

Edited by John Burns 4/22/2023 12:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)