AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight with JD Equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Tradesman
Posted 12/13/2006 21:40 (#73452 - in reply to #72458)
Subject: RE: Insight with JD Equipment

I have a few comments. I am not 100% sure that I am correct with all of this. First we have had a JD combine with JD yield monitor since they first came out. This year we took the JD yield monitor out and put in Ag Leader yield monitor, Insight and Trimble RTK autopilot. We have a JD tractor with an Insight and Trimble RTK using autopilot. We have a RoGotor sprayer and use Insight with autopilot. The JD yield monitor was fine but with all of the other things that we are doing with Ag Leader it is just better to have the Insight in all the equipment. We use auto swath in the combine and the sprayer. I don't think that JD can steer a RoGator hydraulically. I don't think JD can do auto swath with any sprayer other than there large 49xx sprayer. We are doing dual product RX with the Insight. I don't think that JD can do that. I have issues with both JD and Trimble support. With Ag Leader you can call and get an answer and get problems fixed. If you plan to use RTK a network is important. What is availably in your area is a good question. I am a farmer now a Ag Leader salesman. I hope that all of this is helpful.

Good luck

Edited by Tradesman 12/14/2006 00:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)