AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hacked bank accounts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 3/25/2023 15:19 (#10157147 - in reply to #10156640)
Subject: RE: Hacked bank accounts

central - east central Minnesota -

Mbmaring - 3/25/2023 08:10

So my 98 year old mother that cannot hear very well had her savings account hacked. She was targeted by a message on her computer and a little foggy on how it happened but she thought she was talking to her bank on the phone but it was the hacker they had here type a web address in her computer  and took control of her computer got into her online banking and they got her social security number from her and started a 25,000 dollar wire transfer from her savings to a individual in New York. She received a email from her bank that the wire transfer was taking place and contacted me and I think we got the transfer stopped and her bank accounts locked up. I unplugged her computer from the internet and power. This all happened Friday afternoon and bank told her to call the fraud department but they won't talk to her because she doesn't remember a code they gave her.

Little worried about her social security number after she gave it to the hacker.

What all should be done?

Is there someplace this should be reported too?

Call and Freeze her Credit at all the credit bureau's. That should help from them using her SS number to open accounts.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)