AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New TV/ Direct TV
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 3/18/2023 22:25 (#10147118 - in reply to #10146419)
Subject: RE: New TV/ Direct TV

East of Broken Bow
Get a smart TV with a built in streamer (if that is the right term). You can now get a TV with ROKU or HULU built in cheaper than you can get it added on, and there is nothing to hook up, it's already all there.

Once you get your Smart TV, go to the Menu, and the 'add apps' section, and add the Pluto TV app.
Pluto will make your smart TV act like an antenna TV, it is free, and has probably 50 or more channels you can watch free, with commercials. I recommend Pluto because they have:
The all 'Gunsmoke' channel (Gunsmoke 24-7)
The all 'Rifleman' channel
the all 'Blue Bloods' channel
and lots of other things like classic TV shows, everything from old westerns, sci-fi, and comedy shows.
After Pluto, you can look into other free (with commercial) things like TUBI for movies, lots of movies, and also the ROKU or HULU channels that come pre-programmed into the TV.
To be honest, the only thing we don't use the free internet streaming for is the local channels, and that is more for the weather than anything else, which brings me to what I consider the weakness of streaming TV services. The don't have much for 'local' channels unless you live near a large city. In Nebraska, if you aren't in/near Omaha or Lincoln, you won't get much that is 'local'. Otherwise, there is more stuff you can watch for free than you will ever be able to watch (be sure your internet service is fast enough).
Also, channels like the History Channel, Discovery Channel, etc have fee services where you can pick select shows for free (but usually not the latest episodes). And also FARM TV, which is also free, and ag based.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)