AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

can drones really do anything ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

iknow
Posted 3/2/2023 11:58 (#10119935)
Subject: can drones really do anything ?

hello.
a few qustions.  I would like to know if drones could be used to spray pastures with tordon ?  it can be put on via air, and the spray volume is 5 to 10 gallons per acre.  I know most of the ads say 2 gallons per acre, and anywhere from 15 to 50 ac an hour...I could see not going that fast, but still would be doable, and save hauling water all over creation, going up and down side hills, swamps and what ever else to spray the pastures.

the second...what about using on crops...again, yes, don't get used to the 50 ac an hour.....I would like to put down pre on soybeans and milo...I looked at the milo label for one of the products i like for milo and it does not show arial amounts....the same with enlist duo.......

so, could these be applied via drone (are they considered arial or ground based unit).

I could see saving time in hauling water and the ease to do things, the little done comes in, you fill him up, change his battery and away he goes...time and time again.

not to mention, the local applicators never get done, i've had fields turn into jungles and never get sprayed, then the weather, getting stuck in the field, etc.

thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)