AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds (4) | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spray drone licensing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format
Posted 2/6/2023 08:22 (#10081076 - in reply to #10080907)
Subject: RE: Spray drone licensing

You need a part 137 which allows you to spray ag chemicals (in addition to your pesticide applicators license). You also need a waiver to operate a drone weighing more than 55 lbs. You will also need a class 2 FAA medical exam.

Edit to add: you also need drone insurance. Your farm policy will not give you coverage once the drone leaves the ground. I used VT Insurance Agency. I believe he's based in Texas. Easy guy to work with. Very transparent about what you need, options, and the cost.

Edited by tmuddly17 2/6/2023 08:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)